The exercise of the right to access allows you to know if your personal data are processed and to obtain their communication in an understandable format.
The right to access allows to access the personal data and, if necessary, to have them rectified or deleted.
The entity from which you request your "right to access" will have to provide you with a copy of your personal data it holds and inform you of:
- the purposes of the processing;
- the categories of personal data concerned;
- the recipients or categories of recipients who may have had access to these data;
- the length of time the data are stored or the criteria for determining this length of time;
- the existence of other rights (right to rectification, deletion, limitation, opposition);
- the possibility to submit a request to the CNIL;
- any information relating to the source of the data collected if it has not been directly collected from you;
- the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and the underlying logic, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for you;
- the possible transfer of your data to a third country (non-EU member) or to an international organization.
For more information:
Article 15 GDPR
Articles 39, 40-1 to 43 Data Protection Act